Monday, March 4, 2013

Removing the Cake from the Pan


Until recently one of the things I always dreaded about decorating cakes was removing the cake from the pan.  I would do exactly as the directions said and grease the cake pan and dust flour on the outside.  This made a mess (I'm a messy baker) and I would still be left with parts of the cake left in the pan.  When I first discovered this I have to admit I did a little happy dance.  No mess and super easy!

Here's what you'll need:
Wax paper (parchment paper won't work)
Scissors
Nonstick cooking spray (I used the store brand olive oil)

On the back of your cake pan place a piece of wax paper and score the edge of the cake pan with the scissors.  This will leave a white line.  Cut around the white line.  Parchment paper won't work because it doesn't leave a mark when scored with the scissors. 

Spray bottom and sides of the cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Place the wax paper that you've cut into the cake pan and spray the wax paper with the nonstick cooking spray.

 
Let the cake cool and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling
 
 
When the cake come out it will still have the wax paper off.
 
Here's the finished product!
 
 
 
Enjoy!
Shayna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your messages gives me joy! Thanks for stopping by!