Monday, August 5, 2013

Copy Cat Old Chicago Sicilian Pepperoni Rolls


This is another copy cat recipe from Old Chicago.  A friend ordered these one night at Old Chicago and they looked so yummy that I had to try and recreate them.  Since I hadn't actually tried them myself, I did a google search for what cheeses were in Old Chicago Sicilian Pepperoni Rolls.  Every search I came up with had pepperjack cheese as one of the cheeses.  My family isn't very big on anything spicy so I decided to use monterey jack cheese instead.  I was also surprised to discover they had ranch dressing. The ranch dressing keeps the dough moist and adds a hint of flavor to the pepperoni rolls. They were a hit!

Sicilian Pepperoni Rolls
Ingredients:
Frozen Bread Dough
Pepperoni
Ranch Dressing
Montery Jack Cheese or Pepper Jack Cheese
Minced Onion
Pizza Seasoning
Pizza Cheese
Parmesan Cheese

Instructions:
Thaw the frozen bread dough.  Roll out thin and cut into rectangles.  Mine were about 2 in. by 3 in. rectangles.

Put a teaspoon of ranch dressing onto the bread dough.
 

Spread out the ranch dressing
 
 
Place a slice of montery jack or pepper jack cheese onto the center of the rectangle. 

 
Place the pepperoni on top of the cheese.  I used 3 pieces of pepperoni for each rectangle.
 
 
Sprinkle a little bit of pizza seasoning onto the pepperoni.


Sprinkle a tablespoon of pizza cheese on top of the pepperoni.
 
 
Roll up the rectangle and fold a small portion of the bottom up.
 
 
Place into a greased muffin tin and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and pizza seasoning.
 
 
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes.

Enjoy!
Shayna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your messages gives me joy! Thanks for stopping by!