Friday, February 22, 2013

Spiderman cookies


 My son badly wanted me to make him some spiderman cookies for his birthday.  I looked online for some spiderman cookie tutorials and I found a tutorial done by sweetsugarbelle.  As soon as I saw her tutorial I knew I had to make them. 

Here's what you'll need:
Egg shaped cookie cutter
Your favorite sugar cookie recipe
black piping icing
piping bags
Wilton #5 tip
Wilton #2 tip
White 20 second icing
Red flooding icing
Black piping icing


 
I found a coloring picture of Spiderman online, printed it out and cut out the eyes so I could use it as a stencil.  I figured I was meant to make these cookies because the coloring page I found was the exact same size as my egg shaped cookies.  How perfect is that!  Coming from someone who is not at all a computer person I was pretty pleased.

 
Using the Spiderman stencil and a black food coloring marker I drew on the eyes.


I drew on the eyes with a Wilton #5 tip and black piping icing.  I'm still learning about the consistency of royal icing and I made the black a little too thin for my taste.

 
Let the black icing harden and outline and flood with red royal icing.
 
 
While the red icing is still wet pipe on the lines with the black piping icing.  I split the face into 8 different sections.  Almost like cutting a pizza.  I then connected them with the lines inbetween.
 

 
Fill in with white 20 second icing.
 
I hope you enjoy these as much as my little boy did!
 
 
Enjoy!
 
Shayna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your messages gives me joy! Thanks for stopping by!