Friday, May 3, 2013

Ground Beef Pot Pie


This is actually a recipe that I remade into a crockpot recipe.  Since it's supposed to be getting warmer outside (although right now it's snowing here), I'm trying to use my crockpot as much as possible.  The original version of this recipe was made with a pie crust.  When I decided to convert this to a crockpot recipe I got rid of the pie crust and added crescent rolls.  I love this recipe because even my little boy will eat the vegetables.  He's not a big vegetable eater and all of the vegetables he eats usually have to be hidden in a casserole. 
 
I've also made this recipe as more of a shepherd's pie recipe and use mashed potatoes on top of the meat mixture instead of the crescent rolls.

Ground Beef Pot Pie

Ingredients:
1 lb. hamburger
1 pkg. frozen mixed vegetables
2 cans (14 1/2 oz.) beef gravy
1 roll crescent rolls



Instructions:
Brown hamburger and drain grease.  Place the ground hamburger, mixed vegetables and 2 cans of beef gravy into the crockpot.  Mix all together.  Unroll the crescent rolls and place the crescent rolls on top of the beef mixture.  Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.

Enjoy!
Shayna 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your messages gives me joy! Thanks for stopping by!