Monday, April 29, 2013

Shredded Pork Roast Sandwiches


One weekend we went to an open house where my husband works and had a blast.  We really enjoyed seeing all the different things my husband is working on and get to see some of his coworkers and their families.  The company had tons of carnival games, craft stands, food, and prizes at this event.  One of the items on the lunch menu was shredded pork sandwiches.  While we were eating I looked over at my son and he had eaten the entire thing without being told to eat his lunch.  Anything my son will eat without a fight is a definite go to meal.

Shredded Pork Roast Sandwiches
Ingredients:
2-3 lb. pork loin roast
onion powder, to taste
garlic powder (to taste)
1/2 can dark soda (I used Dr. Pepper)
hamburger buns
barbecue sauce
cheddar cheese
onion rings

Instructions:
Place the pork loin roast into the crockpot.  Season the pork loin roast with onion powder and garlic powder.  Pour 1/2 can dark soda over the pork loin roast.  Cook pork loin roast on LOW for 6-8 hours.  Once the roast is cooked, drain the extra juice and shred with a fork.

Place the shredded pork on a hamburger bun, pour barbecue sauce on top.  Sprinkle the shredded cheddar on top of the barbecue sandwich and place the onion rings on top.

Vegetarian Option:
I also made this vegetarian style.  I heated up Morning Star Farms Barbecue Riblets in the microwave.  Once cooked, remove from the packaging and shred the barbecue riblet.  Sprinkle the shredded cheddar on top.  Place the onion rings on top.

Enjoy!
Shayna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your messages gives me joy! Thanks for stopping by!