I haven't been posting as regularly as normal. I've had family come into town for my daughter's birthday and for the past couple of weeks I've had sick kids and been sick myself. Needless to say I haven't felt much like blogging or cooking. Luckily, I have tons of recipes that I have already made or created that I need to blog about. (Yes, I am that much of a planner.)
I originally made this recipe using Italian dressing as the marinade. You can see that recipe here. It is now one of our go to grilling recipes. We liked that recipe so much that I decided to make a ranch version of this recipe.
Grilled Ranch Chicken with Spicy Ranch Mayo (adapted from favorite family recipes)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halvesChicken marinade (see below)
8 slices thick-cut bacon
4 slices Colby Jack Cheese
4 fresh kaiser rolls, lightly toasted
Spicy Ranch Mayonnaise (see below)
Chicken Marinade:1 pkg Ranch dressing mix
1/2 c. olive oil
Spicy Mayonnaise:1 c. mayonnaise
1 T. Ranch dressing mix
1 tsp. paprika
1 1/2 Tbsp. hot sauce
1. Pound chicken breasts until thin and place in ziploc bag.
2. Combine marinade ingredients and pour into ziploc bag with the chicken. Allow to marinade for at least 1 hour.
3. Cook the bacon until nearly done.
4. Toast the kaiser rolls
5. Remove the chicken from the marinade (throw away the marinade) and grill the chicken until cooked through.
6. As the chicken is grilling place the bacon on the grill. Be careful to not burn it.
7. Just before you take the chicken off the grill put the colby jack cheese on it.
8. Combine the spicy ranch mayo ingredients and spread over toasted kaiser rolls.
9. Add chicken and bacon to each roll.