Friday, April 26, 2013

Easter Egg Cookies (Wet on Wet Technique)

 
I made these cookies for Easter.  I have badly been wanting to try the wet-on-wet technique on cookies and I figured these Easter cookies were perfect to try and were a perfect opportunity for my kids to try create their own Easter egg cookies.
 
Last year my SIL made these neat little Easter eggs with paper mache and plastic eggs.  She painted designs on each of the kid's Easter eggs and then painted each of their names on them.  We were so thankful that she took the time to make these for the kids and the kids absolutely loved them.  Luckily, she made them using plastic eggs because my oldest definitely tried to use his as a hockey puck!  Since I am more of a food decorating kind of gal, I decided to do something similar with cookies and I had been wanting to try the wet-on-wet technique of cookie decorating.
 
You will need:
Your favorite sugar cookie recipe
20 second royal icing in each of the colors you choose
a tooth pick
 

 
Outline and fill in the cookies
 
Put dots, strips or lines on the cookies.  Do this while the icing is still wet.
 
 
While the icing is still wet, draw lines in the icing with a toothpick.

 
Here's one I made with 4 different colors.

 
 

 
This one my son made with a horizontal blue lines and a toothpick through the lines.  He had a blast doing this.  I think he especially loved eating the icing!
 
Enjoy!
Shayna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your messages gives me joy! Thanks for stopping by!