Monday, June 10, 2013

Frozen Hot Chocolate



We are big chocolate fans at our house and when I found this recipe I knew it would be a winner.  How could any chocolate recipe not be wonderful!?  It's incredibly easy to make and it's perfect for a hot summer day.  My little boy is always asking me for hot chocolate, or warm chocolate as he calls it, and I'm sure I will get many requests for this drink this summer. 

I decided to use coconut whipped cream in this because I wanted to make it totally lactose free.  I have friends and family who are lactose intolerant and I wanted to make sure they could enjoy every ounce of this.

Frozen Hot Chocolate (adapted from Something Swanky)
Ingredients
{Frozen Hot Chocolate}
1/2 cup chocolate almond milk, frozen into ice cubes (you can use more if you want it thicker)
1/2 cup chocolate almond milk, cold
1/4 cup coconut whipped cream (recipe follows) or regular whipped cream, whichever you prefer
1 tbsp. chocolate shavings
 
{Coconut Whipped Cream}
1 can coconut milk
2-3 T. powdered sugar
1/8 t. Vanilla
 
Instructions
{Frozen Hot Chocolate}
Place the chocolate ice cubes and the chocolate milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.

{Coconut Whipped Cream}
Place the can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight to allow it to separate.  Take the can of coconut milk out of the refrigerator and open it.  Do not shake it.  Spoon out the cream layer into a mixing bowl.  The leftover in the can makes a yummy coconut extract.  Using your mixer, whisk the coconut milk until it forms soft peaks.  Add in the 2-3 T. powdered sugar and vanilla.  Mix well. 

Enjoy!
Shayna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your messages gives me joy! Thanks for stopping by!