Friday, June 7, 2013

Pecan Pie Pancakes

 
Hubby and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon.  On our last day in Maui we went to see the volcano, Haleakala.  My SIL and her family had gone there a few months prior and we were told that watching the sunrise over Haleakala was not to be missed.  Unfortunately, it was a stormy morning the morning we went and the sun was hard to see because it was so cloudy.  After we left Haleakala we went to a restaurant and I ordered the pecan pancakes.  The pancakes totally made me forget the stormy weather.  They were wonderful!  They added a different flavor to the pancakes that I had never tasted before and the pecan flavor went so well with the maple syrup. 
 
Luckily, I didn't have to wait long to have pecan pancakes again because at my in-laws church there is a tradition where the men make pancakes on Easter Sunday.  Some of the pancakes are plain and some, my favorite, are made with pecans.  Yummy! 
 
I decided that since pecan pancakes were so good with maple syrup then they would be even better with pecan pie syrup.  These are definitely being added to my list of go to Saturday morning breakfasts! 

Pecan Pie Pancakes
Ingredients:
4 c. pancake mix (made according to package directions)
1/4 c. dark brown sugar
1 1/2 - 2 c. pecan pieces, divided
1/2 c. corn syrup
2 T. whipping cream
1/4 c.butter
1 t. vanilla

Instructions:
Mix pancakes according to package directions.  Stir in 1/4 c. dark brown sugar and 1 c. pecan pieces.  Pour on a griddle and cook until golden brown on each side.  In a separate pan, combine 1/2 c. corn syrup, 2 T. whipping cream, 1/4 c. butter and 1 t. vanilla.  On medium low heat, cook the mixture until almost to a boil.  Add in 1/2 c. - 1 c. pecan pieces, depending on your preference, and pour the desired amount onto your pancakes.

This recipe was shared on:
Weekend Potluck

Enjoy!
Shayna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each of your messages gives me joy! Thanks for stopping by!